Why Hearing Protection Is So Important
Hearing loss happens for many reasons, one of the most common being exposure to loud noise (noise-induced hearing loss, or NIHL). Repeated exposure to sound levels above 85 decibels (dB; the sound of an idling bulldozer) can cause permanent, irreparable hearing loss. To give you perspective, hearing professionals consider exposure to loud music, either live or through headphones, to be particularly dangerous with sound intensity sometimes reaching 100 to 115 dB. This is where hearing protection, like earplugs, comes in.
While hearing loss is irreversible, that doesn’t mean it’s not preventable. Knowledge, hearing protection, and prevention can help keep your hearing healthy and you happy!
Custom Hearing Protection Products
For Riders, Rockers, Shooters, and Everyone in Between
NIHL happens in all situations from concerts to recreational sports, from your work environment to your personal life. The best kind of hearing protection plan for you will depend on your lifestyle. There are different styles of hearing protection depending on what you need. We offer protection for:
- Hunters and shooters
- Concert and sporting event enthusiasts
- Listening to music through your personal player
Hunting and Shooting
- Noise Protection
- Made specifically for shooting and hunting
- When a gun shot is fired, the electronic circuit instantly suppresses the loud noise
- Prevent moisture from entering ear canal
- Ideal for swimming and water sports
- They float
- Added finger grips for easy removal
Custom Noise Protection
- Ideal for machine operation, lawn mowing, and high noise activities
Custom vs. Generic Products
Custom-molded earplugs offer a degree of comfort and sound protection that you will not find in generic earplugs.