To perform your best, you need to hear your best.
Stage performers are routinely exposed to hearing damage both from amplifiers and the ear monitors that must be turned up to potentially harmful levels just so that they can be heard above the music. Inside-the-ear musician’s monitors replace traditional wedge-shaped monitors with precise, isolated sound delivered directly to you so that you can stay in tune and perform your best.
Today’s professional musicians know that the superior fit and sound quality of in-ear monitors provide clearer sound and effective sound monitoring at much lower volume levels. This means you can hear and perform your best while protecting your hearing from the prolonged exposure to loudspeakers and from damage to your hearing — one of your most precious resources as a musician.
Our custom-molded in-ear monitors are fit into medical-grade silicone earmolds that are comfortable for extended periods of wear and that form a superior acoustic seal to give you just the sound you need. Precision drivers, integrated crossovers, and discreet cable connections make these professional-quality audio monitors second to none in terms of sonic quality, all in a package that is unobtrusive and will never stand between you and a great performance.
- Customized or universal fit options
- Multiple technologies available
- Multiple styles of custom ear pieces available
Are Custom Earbuds Better Than Headphones?
Media and music are more accessible than ever, making earbuds and headphones essential. With the rise in technology, it’s no surprise that there’s a rise in hearing loss. According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), 13 percent of Americans ages 12 years or older have hearing loss in both ears.
Musician’s Ear Plugs
- Advanced filter technology
- Reduces volume while maintaining sound quality
- Ideal for on-stage, concerts, or sporting events
Benefits of Custom Earbuds
Listen and Learn:
Think about when you turn up your headphones. It’s probably during your favorite song, or to block out background noise. This common theme is what really hurts your hearing. With custom earbuds, you don’t have to worry about that annoying background noise; their secure, custom fit allows you to hear what you want to and not what you don’t. Noise-canceling headphones are also a good option.
Plus, you can pick the colors of your technology, which adds to their appeal!
How to Protect Your Hearing When Using Earbuds
There are other ways to reduce the effects of loud music on your hearing.
- Be conscious of your volume — most listening devices allow you to set a warning when you’ve turned up the volume to a possibly harmful level.
- Be conscious of how long you’re listening to your music and at what volume.
- Don’t believe the myth that certain music is more damaging than others; it’s all the same. What really matters is the decibel level and the length of time you listen.
- Try the 60/60 rule — listening to your headphones or earbuds at 60% volume for 60 minutes at a time.
Love live music? Consider getting custom earplugs, which are customized for optimal fit and function by us for you!